Adopting a gratitude practice in business doesn’t come naturally for most people – it’s a lifestyle and mindset choice that drastically changes the way you develop relationships and the way others perceive you. You will be amazed at what small changes in your approach can do.
For something to change in your life you have to make a conscious decision to make changes. These don’t require monumental changes, just small little adjustments in your daily way of doing business.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Make gratitude part of your daily routine
- Spend a few moments on your way into work thinking about what things you could do to express gratitude
- Add those thoughts as action steps to your calendar
- Be thoughtful – show that you are thinking about others
- Get to know co-workers and clients on a personal level, don’t just keep it all business all the time.
- If you are in business development, leverage social media or someone’s assistant to find out more about the person you are prospecting. Send them a gift that supports their interests or helps make their day easier.
- Recognize a co-worker for a job well done
- Send a customer a thoughtful gift acknowledging them for being a champion of your product or service
Here are immediate benefits you will see with this change in mindset:
- Increased Customer Loyalty and Engagement
Customers who feel appreciated are more likely to recommend your business to others, write positive reviews, buy from you again, and even pay more for your services down the road. Loyalty programs, notes or phone calls, customer appreciation events and customer spotlights are just a few ways you can show gratitude.
- Increased Productivity
The business benefits of gratitude extend beyond customer loyalty. Like customers, employees also respond when they feel appreciated. In fact, a Glassdoor survey indicated that 81% of employees will work harder when their boss shows appreciation.
Not only do employees who feel appreciated work harder, but in some instances that work is more successful.
- Stronger Business Relationships
Every business owner knows that relationship-building is essential to success. From customers to investors, employees, business partners and even vendors, human connections form the framework for growth. Gratitude, expressed sincerely and frequently, builds trust, a critical element of achieving productive and lasting relationships.
Thnks has made it easy to incorporate gratitude in your daily workflow. In just a few swipes you can search for the perfect gift, personalize a note, and send it off via SMS or email. If you are interested in learning more request a demo today!